Financial Aid Questions and Answers
1. Where is your office and do I need an appointment to speak with someone?
Answer: We are located at 800 Washington Street in the Student Services Building suite 200. We always have staff on hand to help you between 8am and 5pm, Monday through Friday.
2. I did my FAFSA when do I receive my Award Letter?
Answer: We will begin mailing the prospective freshman and transfer students award packages the end of February. Returning students will begin receiving award notifications in May, after spring grades have posted.
3. What do I do if my family’s income has changed since the 2015 taxes were filed?
Answer: There is an appeal process in which we will evaluate the difference of income from your 2015 tax return and your current income from 2016. Please go to our website for more details.
4. I received a notice that I need to turn in tax documents but I did not work, what do I turn in?
Answer: If you did not work you will need to complete the 4506-T form and send to the IRS. The IRS will mail you a Verification of Nonfiling, which is proof that you did not file a return for the year. If you did work, but did not file a return, we will also need this verification letter from the IRS along with copies of your W2’s or 1099 forms. Below is the website for the IRS so you can obtain the 4506-T form.
Please have the IRS mail YOU a copy and then YOU return to our office.
5. I am thinking of attending Summer School will I have financial aid?
Answer: If you have any remaining Direct Loans you can use this pay for summer school. If these loans are already depleted, you can apply for a Parent Plus loan or an alternative loan. For more information please review our website.