Newly admitted students, who attend the summer prior to the fall term of admission (e.g. for Summer Academy), must file the appropriate FAFSA by June 30th. Awarding begins in late March and continues throughout the summer term.
Financial aid for Summer 2022 requires the 2021-2022 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Summer financial aid is awarded based on enrollment at the time the award is processed. Students must notify our office of any changes in enrollment status by email at email@example.com. Changes in enrollment are reviewed and those made prior to the last day to add classes for the 12 week session will result in eligibility being reevaluated. It may also result in a delay in financial aid disbursement or refunds (if applicable).
- Students that received Federal Pell Grant in 2021-2022 may be eligible for an additional Summer Pell award if enrolled in at least 6 credits over the summer.
- When receiving Federal Direct Loans, we advise you to accept before May 1, 2022 in order for the funds to be available for beginning of Summer Session I.
- Audit credits do not count towards aid eligibility.
Summer Federal Direct Loan eligibility is limited to the unused annual maximum from the fall and spring semesters. PLUS and Private/Alternative Loan eligibility increases up to the additional summer term Cost of Attendance. Please be sure to indicate the correct summer enrollment dates for the online loan applications:
- May – August
- Students must be enrolled at least half time over the summer terms in order to receive federal loans such as Federal Direct/Parent PLUS/Graduate PLUS Loans.
- Half-time for undergraduate students is 6 credit hours and half-time for graduates is 5 credit hours.
- Please allow for 2-3 weeks of processing time for Federal Parent PLUS and Graduate PLUS Loans.
- Students applying for an Alternative Loan are strongly encouraged to file a FAFSA but are not required. Apply for your loan by April 15th to ensure your summer bill is paid by May 10th.
- Lenders typically require half-time enrollment for Private/Alternative Loans; however, some may allow for less than half-time.
- Please allow up to 4-5 weeks of processing time for Private/Alternative Loans.
Students attending a Summer Education Abroad program must complete the 2021 - 2022 Global Education Financial Aid Form. This form is provided digitally by the Global Educaiton Office.