Cost of Attendance Appeal
Prior to submitting an appeal, students should review the COA figures available in the financial aid award notification in Hokie SPA to determine if an appeal is necessary.
2022-2023 Academic Year Deadlines
- Appeal will be posted on the website in early July.
- November 5, 2022 - students attending Fall 2022 semester only.
- April 4, 2023 - students attending Fall 2022 and Spring 2023, or Spring 2023 only.
Please allow two weeks for processing (four weeks during peak processing periods of June through August). It is important to remember that approval of an appeal does not guarantee receipt of additional aid. Also, because certain additional aid resources are limited, we recommend filing as soon as possible.
- The student needs to purchase a computer.
- Books and supply expenses exceed the current COA allocation.
- The student has child care expenses.
- Housing and meal expenses exceed the current COA allocation.
Please note - the following reasons are not considered for an appeal:
- Credit card debt
- Car purchase
- Car repairs
- Car insurance
- In-state travel expenses