Two-Year College Transfer Grant
The Two-Year College Transfer Grant is administered by the State Council of Higher Education for Virginia (SCHEV) to provide financial assistance to students who receive an associate's degree at a Virginia 2-year public institution.
- In-State Undergraduate
- Complete the FAFSA by the Priority Filing Deadline
- Receive Associate's degree at Virginia 2-year public institution (must be enrolled at Virginia Tech the following fall or spring semester)
- Must have an associate's degree GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Enroll full-time at Virginia Tech (part-time students are not eligible)
- Meet the EFC requirement set forth by SCHEV (12,000 or below)
- Maintain a 3.0 GPA and Satisfactory Academic Progress at Virginia Tech
- Limited to 3 academic years or 70 credits
The yearly Transfer Grant award is $1,000. Students in eligible science, teaching, engineering, and math programs may receive an additional award bonus of $1,000 per academic year.
Please note: Students listed as General Engineering are only eligible for the base award of $1,000 per year until admitted into a specific field of Engineering after Fall grades are posted and majors reviewed.
- New transfer students from a 2-year public institution are responsible for notifying VT they may be eligible for the Transfer Grant. If the student meets the first 6 requirements above, they should email email@example.com and ask to be reviewed for the Transfer Grant.
- Students should send their official final transcripts showing their Associate’s degree or a legible photocopy of their Associate's degree diploma to our office as soon as the degree is awarded.
- Students are reviewed for eligibility in June and grants are posted to student accounts prior to the first bill in July.
- Awards will show as pending credits on the student's bill.
- Funds are certified to SCHEV during the first 2 weeks of each semester. Once approved, funds will be released to the Bursar's Office.
- As long as students maintain eligibility, they will be automatically reviewed for eligibility the next academic year.