Two-Year College Transfer Grant
Administered by the State Council of Higher Education for Virginia (SCHEV), the Two-Year College Transfer Grant provides financial assistance to students who receive an associate's degree at a Virginia 2-year public institution.
- In-State Undergraduate
- Complete the FAFSA by the Priority Filing Deadline
- Receive associate's degree at a Virginia 2-year public institution
- Must have an associate's degree GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Enroll full-time at Virginia Tech (part-time students are not eligible) the fall or spring following associate degree completion
- Meet the EFC requirement set forth by SCHEV ($12,000 or below)
- Maintain a 3.0 GPA and Satisfactory Academic Progress at Virginia Tech
- Limited to 3 academic years or 70 credits
The maximum yearly Transfer Grant award is $1,000. Students in eligible science, teaching, engineering, and math programs may receive an additional award bonus of $1,000 per academic year. Please note that students receiving other state or institutional awards may receive a partial Transfer Grant.
Please note: Students listed as General Engineering are only eligible for the base award of $1,000 per year until admitted into a specific field of Engineering after Fall grades post and we review majors.
- New transfer students from a 2-year public institution in Virginia are responsible for notifying VT they may be eligible for the Transfer Grant. If the student meets the first 6 requirements above, they should email email@example.com and ask to be reviewed for the Transfer Grant.
- Students should send their official final transcripts showing their associate’s degree conferral date and final GPA.
- University Scholarships and Financial Aid reviews students for eligibility in June and posts the grants to student accounts prior to the first bill in July.
- Awards will show as pending credits on the student's bill.
- University Scholarships and Financial Aid certifies student enrollment to SCHEV during the first 2 weeks of each semester. Once approved, SCHEV releases the funds to the Bursar's Office.
- As long as students maintain eligibility, we will review them automatically for eligibility the next academic year.