The Presidential Campus Enrichment Grant (PCEG) is a renewable financial award offered to incoming first-year students who have a demonstrated commitment to broadening multicultural experiences at Virginia Tech. Its goal is to attract students from diverse backgrounds and provide opportunities for students to enhance campus climate and contribute to the community discussion on diversity, equity and inclusion. Transfer and continuing students are not eligible to apply for the Presidential Campus Enrichment Grant.
Students applying for the PCEG must submit an application and a FAFSA for the current academic year by the priority deadline. Applicants must succinctly respond to two essay questions that address the applicant's commitment to cultural and educational diversity.
Students applying for the Presidential Campus Enrichment Grant must submit an application and a FAFSA for the current academic year by the priority deadline. The student must also display the following on his/her application:
- Commitment to Educational Diversity
- Extracurricular Activities
- Academic Achievement
- Financial Status
- Family educational background
The Presidential Campus Enrichment Grant application can be accessed through the Scholarship Gateway by the February 15 deadline. Applicants will provide identifying information (i.e. Virginia Tech ID, name, etc.) and will respond to the following questions.
• Please provide a personal definition of ONE of the terms below (100 word limit):
3. social justice
• Please explain how you will advance this concept at Virginia Tech (200 word limit):
University Scholarships and Financial Aid will review applications and select recipients for the Presidential Campus Enrichment Grant. Selected students will be required to participate in various programs and events in order to earn merits. The program is coordinated by the Student Success Center. The Presidential Campus Enrichment Grant recipients will receive $5000 per year for four years (five years for Architecture students) if recipients complete all the requirements for renewal.
Expectations of Recipients
All Presidential Enrichment Grant scholars are responsible for fulfilling the following requirements to remain eligible for the award:
- Adherence to University Policies for Student Life which include the Virginia Tech Honor System and The Student Code of Conduct can be found at http://www.hokiehandbook.vt.edu/studentlife/
- Maintenance of university standards of academic progress
- Maintenance of a cumulative grade point average of 2.5+
- Full-time enrollment
- Fulfill the Merit Requirement by earning 12 merits during the academic year. Eight merits must be earned by participating in programs and events that focus on diversity, and 4 merits must be earned by attending activities related to academic success and enrichment.
- Complete the monthly Journal Requirement by maintaining a journal or blog focused on diversity-related activities and experiences.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) each academic year including any additional requested documents.