Presidential Campus Enrichment Grant
The Presidential Campus Enrichment Grant (PCEG) is a renewable financial award offered to incoming first-year students who have a demonstrated commitment to broadening multicultural experiences at Virginia Tech. Its goal is to attract students from diverse backgrounds and provide opportunities for students to enhance campus climate and contribute to the community discussion on diversity, equity and inclusion.
Students applying for the Presidential Campus Enrichment Grant must submit a General Application in Scholarship Central and a FAFSA for the current academic year by January 22. The student must also display the following on his/her application:
- Commitment to Educational Diversity
- Extracurricular Activities
- Academic Achievement
- Financial Status
- Family educational background
University Scholarships and Financial Aid will review applications and select recipients for the Presidential Campus Enrichment Grant. Selected students will be required to participate in various programs and events in order to earn merits. The program is coordinated by the Student Success Center. The Presidential Campus Enrichment Grant recipients will receive $5000 per year for four years (five years for Architecture students) if recipients complete all the requirements for renewal.
Expectations of Recipients
All Presidential Enrichment Grant scholars are responsible for fulfilling the following requirements to remain eligible for the award:
- Adherence to University Policies for Student Life which include the Virginia Tech Honor System and The Student Code of Conduct
- Maintenance of university standards of academic progress
- Maintenance of a cumulative grade point average of 3.0+
- A course load of at least 30 credit hours per year at Virginia Tech (generally 15 credit hours per fall and spring terms)
- Fulfill the Merit Requirement by earning 12 merits during the academic year. Eight merits must be earned by participating in programs and events that focus on diversity, and 4 merits must be earned by attending activities related to academic success and enrichment.
- Complete the monthly Journal Requirement by maintaining a journal or blog focused on diversity-related activities and experiences.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) each academic year including any additional requested documents.