International Scholarships

Parade of Flags

International students may not be eligible for federal, state, or institutional aid offered by the Office of University Scholarships & Financial Aid, since what is awarded is based on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and funding from the state of Virginia. You would need to be a U.S. citizen or national, or eligible non-citizen to fill out the FAFSA. Eligible non-citizens mostly include those with an Alien Registration card (I-550), or a Conditional Permanent Resident with a Conditional Green Card (I-1551C). Persons with nonimmigrant visas including the F-1, F2 or M1 student visa, H or L series Visa (which allows temporary work in the U.S.) cannot apply. You are more than welcome to contact us and seek advice on other documentation.

Helpful websites include:

Scholarships Searches for International Students

Canadian Ontario Student Assistance Program