VT VCCS Transfer Achievement Scholarship
Virginia Tech - Virginia Community College System Transfer Achievement Scholarship
Funded by Virginia Tech, the Virginia Community College System Transfer Achievement Scholarship provides financial assistance to selected full time undergraduate students with Virginia residency transferring to Virginia Tech after completion of an associate degree at a Virginia Community College System institution. Students apply through Scholarship Central and must submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) as part of the application process. Scholarship awards include one award equivalent to tuition and mandatory fees and five awards equivalent to one half of tuition and mandatory fees. Awarding considers equity across the Virginia Community College System to ensure that all recipients do not come from the same institution. Awards are academically competitive by VT college.
- Graduate from a Virginia Community College System institution with an associate degree and a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Complete the transfer admission application Ut Prosim essays.
- Demonstrate financial need as determined by FAFSA completion.
- Be a Virginia resident.
- Limited to students seeking their first bachelor's degree.
- Maintain a 3.0 GPA.
- Maintain full time enrollment (12+ credit hours).
- Maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress.
- Successfully complete a minimum of 30 credits per academic year.
- Maintain Virginia residency.
- Renewable for 1 year only.
- Changes to the Expected Family Contribution, receipt of veterans' benefits, or receipt of the Virginia Guaranteed Assistance Program Grant or Commonwealth Grant may affect the amount of the VT-VCCS Transfer Achievement Scholarship.
- Awarding rules and state regulations restrict this scholarship to tuition and mandatory fees only. Any other grants or scholarships that apply only to tuition and mandatory fees will affect the amount of this scholarship.
- Changes in funding may cause Virginia Tech to replace this grant with another award for the same amount.