Students who are interested in pursuing a career in Health Services should review the scholarship and loan repayment opportunities listed below. If you have specific questions about these programs, please contact them directly. If you have general financial aid questions, please contact our office.
Serves two roles:
- Provide scholarships to students training to become health care workers.
- Pay school loans for current primary health care workers.
Loan Repayment, Deferment, and Forbearance
Once you are no longer enrolled at least half-time (5 credits graduate or 6 credits undergraduate) in a degree-seeking program, your Federal Loans and/or Private/Alternative Loans will enter repayment. The grace period prior to repayment will vary depending on the type of loan.
- Federal Subsidized/Unsubsidized Loans – 6 months
- Health Profession Student Loan (HPSL) – 12 months
- Private/Alternative Loan – may differ by lender
Once you re-enroll at least half-time enrollment in a degree-seeking program, your loan will return to the in-school deferment status.
If you do not qualify for in-school deferment, and are having difficulties making your loan payments, you should speak with your loan servicer regarding deferment or forbearance options.