Student and Parent Loans
A college education is one of the most important long-term investments in your future. Loans of various types are available to help you fund your education and accomplish your goals. All loans, however, do need to be repaid, very careful planning is essential in ensuring a healthy economy for years to come. Many educational loans can have favorable terms of interest, such as the federal subsidized loans. For these the Federal Government covers the accrued interest while you’re in school. Federal Unsubsidized loans do accrue interest, but are often much less than other consumer loans, such as car loans, credit cards etc.
It is possible to obtain a short-term loan to cover any student related expenses (i.e., books, food, rent) up to $600. These loans are based on at least half-time enrollment. Repayment is required in the same academic term. There is a processing fee of $5. Applications are available at the Office of University Scholarships and Financial Aid. Limit funds are available. Direct Deposit is recommended.
2021-22 Short Term Loan Timetable for Applications
- Fall 2021
- August 13, 2021 - Fall semester short term loan application opens
- November 12, 2021 - Fall semester short term loan application closes
- Spring 2022
- January 7, 2022 - Spring semester short term loan application opens
- April 14, 2022 - Spring semester short term loan application closes
- Summer 2022
- May 13, 2022 - Summer semester short term loan application opens
- July 14, 2022 - Summer semestere short term loan application closes