The Commonwealth Grant is a state-funded program based on financial need for in-state undergraduate students.
- Must file the FAFSA or VASA App by our Priority Filing Deadline
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or Eligible Non-Citizen
- Must be a resident of Virginia
- Must maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP)
- Must demonstrate financial need (VT Cost of Attendance minus Expected Family Contribution (EFC) as calculated from the FAFSA)
- Must be enrolled at least half-time (6 credit hours)
- Must be seeking 1st Bachelor’s Degree
- Receipt of Veteran’s Benefits, ROTC, or other scholarships that are restricted to tuition and/or fees may reduce or eliminate eligibility for this program.
- Please contact the State Council of Higher Education for Virginia (SCHEV) for more information.
Grant is awarded at the time of financial aid packaging.