The following are key features of myFAFSA:
- Students and parents may begin, complete, and submit a new or renewal FAFSA form for the 2019–20 FAFSA processing cycle.
- Users will be offered a customized experience based on their role (student, parent, or preparer). The app provides guidance on how to complete the FAFSA questions, making the overall process more positive, engaging, and user-friendly.
- Users will have a secure experience with the same data protections as completing the FAFSA form through fafsa.gov.
- Students and parents may use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool (IRS DRT) to electronically transfer federal tax return information into a FAFSA form.
- Students will be able to view additional information about the schools they selected on their FAFSA form for easy comparison of schools.
In addition, the myStudentAid mobile app provides links to the following services:
- Profile: manage username and password (FSA ID)
- myFederalLoans: view federal student aid history
- myCollegeScorecard: view and compare information about schools
- Contact Us: get in touch with Federal Student Aid contact centers to have your questions answered
- StudentAid.gov: access Federal Student Aid’s key source of information about the federal student aid programs, application process, and loan repayment options