Financial Aid Options
For financial aid purposes, summer sessions are attached to the end of the academic year. We use the same FAFSA as the prior fall and spring so no additional FAFSA is required. Newly admitted students, who attend the summer prior to the fall term of admission (e.g., for Summer Academy or to complete prerequisite courses), must file the appropriate FAFSA by June 30th. Awarding begins in late March and continues throughout the summer term.
Aid options: Grants may be limited, but loans are available.
- Federal Subsidized
- Federal Unsubsidized
- Parent PLUS loan
- Private/Alternative loans
Summer Federal Direct Loan eligibility is limited to the unused annual maximum from the fall and spring semesters. PLUS and Private/Alternative Loan eligibility increases up to the additional summer term Cost of Attendance. Please be sure to indicate the correct summer enrollment dates for the on-line loan applications:
- May – August.
Financial aid for Summer 2020 requires the 2019-2020 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Students must be enrolled at least half time (6 credits undergraduate / 5 credits graduate) over the summer terms in order to receive federal loans (Federal Direct/Parent PLUS/Graduate PLUS).
- Students that received Pell in 2018-2019 may be eligible for an additional Summer Pell award if enrolled in at least 6 credits over the summer.
- Summer financial aid will be based on enrollment at the time the award is processed. Students must notify our office of any changes in enrollment status by email at email@example.com. Changes in enrollment may also result in a delay in financial aid disbursement or refunds (if applicable).
- When receiving Federal loans, we advise you to accept before 5/1/20 in order for the funds to be available for beginning of Summer Session I. • Federal Parent PLUS loan - Be sure to allow 2-3 weeks for processing. • Graduate PLUS loan - Be sure to allow 2-3 weeks for processing.
- Students applying for an Alternative Loan are strongly encouraged to file a FAFSA, but are not required. Apply by April 15th to ensure your summer bill is paid by May 10th.
- Audit credits do not count towards aid eligibility.
- Students attending a Summer Education Abroad program must complete the 2020 - 2021 Global Education Financial Aid Form.