Virginia Guaranteed Assistance Program
The Virginia Guaranteed Assistance Program (VGAP) grant is a state-funded program based on financial need for entering or returning freshmen or transfer students. Only In-State students are eligible for this grant.
- Must file the FAFSA by our Priority Filing Deadline.
- Must be a US Citizen
- Must be a resident of Virginia
- Must be a graduate of a Virginia high school
- Must have a Cumulative high school GPA (for entering freshman) of 2.5
- Must have a Minimum GPA for renewal of 2.0
- Demonstrate “Need-Based” financial need (VT Cost of Attendance minus Expected Family Contribution (EFC) as calculated from the FAFSA)
- Must be enrolled Full-Time
- Must be seeking 1st Bachelor’s Degree
- Maximum term eligibility of 8 semesters
- Must maintain continuous full-time enrollment (Enrolled 24 credit hours per aid year) to be eligible for renewal in subsequent years.
- Receipt of Veteran’s Benefits, such as Chapter 33, may reduce or eliminate eligibility for this program. Please contact the State Council of Higher Education for Virginia (SCHEV), for more information.
Systematically awarded when student is packaged