Grants are awarded exclusively on financial need. Unlike loans, grants do not have to be repaid.
To be eligible for any grants through Virginia Tech, the FAFSA (with correct signatures) must be completed by the priority deadline. You will be notified with your Financial Aid Award package if you are eligible to receive any grants.
Virginia Tech offers several types of grants through the Federal Government, the State Government, as well as other organizations
- Federal Pell Grant is need-based federal student aid for undergraduate students to which other aid may be added.
- Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG) is awarded to undergraduate students according to financial need.
- Teacher Education Assistance for College and Higher Education (TEACH) Grant provides grants to students who plan to teach at a public or private elementary or secondary school that serves students from low-income families
State of Virginia Grants
- Commonwealth Grant is a state-funded grant providing assistance to undergraduate Virginia residents.
- Virginia Guaranteed Assistance Program is a state funded grant program for Virginia residents.
- Two-Year College Transfer Grant is administered by the State Council of Higher Education for Virginia (SCHEV) to provide financial assistance to students who receive an associate's degree at a Virginia 2-year public institution.
Virginia Tech Grants
- Funds for the Future is a grant designed to limit the amount of increase in tuition and fees from year to year.
- Presidential Campus Enrichment Grant is a grant with the intent of increasing multicultural experiences at Virginia Tech.
- Presidential Campus Enrichment Support Grant initiative is designed to improve the retention and graduation rates of the undergraduate student population and to contribute to the development of student leaders on campus. Please visit The Student Success Center website for more information on the application process.
- Virginia Tech Grant is designed to help defray the cost of tuition and fees